Today, Wednesday, the Local Development Unit of CEOSS continued the celebration of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty with a “Dignity for All” meeting in Minya Governorate, in the presence of more than 400 participants, including members of the House of Representatives, Senate, undersecretaries and directors of directorates for the Workforce, the Ministry of Youth, Agriculture and Social Insurance, representatives of the departments of international relations and heads of branches of the Social Fund for Development, for the governorates of Beni Suef, Minya and Sohag.
Also in the presence of the President of the Regional Federation of NGOs in Minya, the rapporteur of the National Council for Women in Beni Suef, the advisor of the Angel Best Chinese group of international companies, the head of the Youth Union in Sohag Governorate, the Director of the Youth and Students Department at the General Court of Minya Governorate, and a large number of partners who were representatives of NGOs and institutions.
The meeting included:
– Words from the business partners
– A song in sign language presented by the deaf team of “Life” Association for People with Disabilities in Minya
– Live testimonies from citizens who benefit from development programs and interventions provided by CEOSS in Beni Suef, Minya and Sohag, such as: Children at Risk programs – Rehabilitation of people with disabilities – agriculture – Citizenship project – and Economic development programs…
– Honoring the group of young volunteers who participated in the summer campaign to enhance their spirit of volunteerism
– An artistic segment full of joy and happiness presented by talented and creative children and youth from the choir of the Culture Palace in Minya Governorate.
At the end of the meeting, it was announced that CEOSS invites the participants to declare solidarity, participation and cooperation to confront climate changes and work to preserve the environment, by signing an “Agreement Together for the Protection of the Environment”, by the members of the House of Representatives, Senate, government leaders and NGOs.